Monday, November 29, 2010

FREE BEER!

coupla weekends ago I was up in Sydney, catching up with a buncha mates...

Now I have kinda got out of the habit of drinking alcohol on a regular basis... n the start of the catchup was on a Friday night, which included a fantabulous meal, and a LOT of imbibng (for me)

about a 5 mile walk home due to lateness of the hour n collapse into my hotel room in a funky little spot in Glebe... a place of great memories as a man in my twenties when I used to visit my sister whn she stayed there.. Something about glebe ... very strong community...

Anyways, Saturday morning sees me waking up with a hangover.. but a GOOD hangover...The sort that used to make all my friends jealous where, as a younger man, I'd drink n drink, crash, wake up to a kinda zoned feeling... not eveen the dry horrors, more like as though I was perched on my own shoulder, calmly observing the world but not of it....

so I decamped from my hotel room n went wandering down Glebe point Rd, heading towards Rozzelle bay where the Uber Yachts n dragon boats hang out... agin, a pleasant amble checking out the lovely old houses n drifting about...

I get to the foreshore.. passing through a park, and beneath a big old moreton bay fig tree, what do I espy but a partly leaf covered yet still newish unopened stubby of XXX beer...

and thus beer in hand I wander down to a small dock, crack open the stubby... which responds with a reassuring fizz confirming the okayness of the beer, n I sit n drink n salute the gods that were so kind as to provide me with the hair of the dog.. gratis :)

2 comments: